Updates and Coronavirus Response
At Optimal Dental Center (ODC), our priority is the safety of our patients, our employees, and our communities. We are pleased to announce that WE ARE OPEN! So glad to see some of our patients’ smiles, and looking forward to seeing all of our patients soon!
We are given priority to patients with urgent dental emergencies and pending deliveries at this point due to limited schedules as we are still striving to ensure the safest possible treatment environment for our patients and work environment for our employees upon reopening. We are adding hygiene and non-emergency dental services starting Monday, June 8th, 2020.
With safety in mind, we have temporarily put in place the following updates.
Updated Patient Appointment Process
ODC has temporarily updated our patient appointment process. This change is for the safety of our patients and employees, and to further assist with our social distancing efforts. Thank you for your help and understanding.
- Our Front Office Staff will email you a Patient Waiver and HIPPA form to sign electronically prior to your appointment.
- Our Front Office Staff will ask for your help answering a screening questionnaire of COVID-19 symptoms and travel history when confirming your appointment. We might have to reschedule your appointment if you answer Yes to these screening questions.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please remain in your car and inform our office of your arrival via call or text. As soon as we are ready to receive you, our Front Desk staff will inform you to enter. Our front doors will be kept ajar to allow Touchless Entry. Upon entering, our Dental Assistant will welcome you, provide you with gloves to wear and do a temperature check and review the same screening questionnaire then lead you straight to the treatment room. We will provide and have you to rinse and gargle your mouth with mouth rinse before starting your treatment.
- Upon completion of your treatment, our staff will route you back to the front door. You will call in from your car to schedule your follow up appointment and submit payment for any applicable co-pay.
- Parents of minor patients will wait for your child in your car. Our Drs. will communicate via phone if there is any change to the scheduled treatment.
- For Hygiene (checkup and cleaning) visits: our Drs. will communicate any lengthy discussions of findings at your hygiene visit via phone call after the visit.
Office Modifications & Additional Machineries to Enhance Safety
We will be adding office modifications and additional machineries to help enhance safety for our patients and employees. We hope you appreciate the changes rather than being intimidated by them.
- Sneeze Guards at our Front Desk
- Air purification machines (AirDoctor)
- Extra oral suction devices
- Our Front Office staff will be wearing masks
Hours of Operation
Both of our office locations might have altered hours of operations to ensure we maintain social distancing for both patients and Doctors and staff.
Temporary Schedule Changes
To help limit personal contact and create more space for social distancing, ODC will reduce the numbers of Drs., hygienists, and staff onsite at any given points when we first open. We will give priority to patients with urgent dental emergencies and completion/deliveries of temporary restoratives. We will continue to monitor the development of the pandemic in our community and continue to ramp up # of our Drs. and supporting staff onsite and our appointment availability safely until we return to pre-COVID-19 schedule.
ODC is following CDC recommendations to minimize risk to our patients and our employees. We respectfully ask our patients to use social distancing guidelines while being taken care of at our offices.
Thank you so much for your help and patience as we navigate this new "normal" together!
WE APPRECIATE YOU!
Together, we'll get through this!