Cosmetic Dentistry: The Dental Work That Improves Your Self-confidence
Most people go to the dentist only for tooth pain, significant procedures, and yearly checkups. However, a cosmetic dentist in Reston can do much more than just check your teeth. They can provide some of the best treatment and correction measures for your teeth, improving your smile and self-confidence.
Teeth alignment may make you feel less self-conscious about your teeth when you laugh or smile. An expert cosmetic dentist in Reston, VA, can suggest appropriate cosmetic dental solutions to correct chipped, stained, crooked, or distorted teeth.
Here is a little more about the different types of cosmetic dental procedures provided by cosmetic dentists in Reston.
- Teeth whitening – Teeth whitening at Reston cosmetic dentistry is the most affordable and popular way to enhance your smile’s appearance dramatically. Even with proper dental care, tooth enamel darkens and stains with age. This makes many people self-conscious, and some avoid smiling in public for fear that others will notice. Discoloration happens with the regular consumption of tea, coffee, medication, and nicotine. In one teeth whitening sitting, you can get rid of many of the stains and dirt accumulated through years of drinking coffee, smoking, and taking medication. Teeth whitening procedures greatly enhance tooth color and brightness.
- Veneers – Some people have gaps, chips, misshapen teeth, or strong trains that even teeth whitening cannot remove. To solve these issues, cosmetic dentists in Fairfax, VA, suggest veneers. Veneers are translucent, thin shells matched to the design and color of your natural teeth. Porcelain veneers may also seal damaged teeth so that small cracks or chips do not worsen with time. Veneers are especially beneficial for front teeth, which are seen the most by other people. Porcelain veneers easily fit over the teeth and provide comfortable shape, size, and color correction to wearers.
- Bonding – Some people have weak or small teeth. These teeth require extra protection. Our expert cosmetic dentist in Reston recommends bonding for those with weak or small teeth. This procedure is similar to getting veneers, with a few minor differences. Our dentist in Reston applies a white composite resin to fill tooth gaps, fix chips and cracks, and change the shape or color of teeth when needed. Bonding procedures at Reston cosmetic dentistry can be done during a single dentist visit and may last for many years.
- Invisible braces – Invisible braces are a great alternative to traditional braces. They perform the same functions as metal braces but provide a less-noticeable fix than traditional metal braces. Invisible braces correct teeth crowding and align teeth properly, ultimately improving your ability to bite and smile. Invisible braces from Invisalign™ are discrete and comfortable. Wearers of invisible braces can remove braces while brushing their teeth or eating. Every set of Invisalign™ is customized and can be replaced periodically to enforce proper alignment.
- Implants/Partial dentures – Some people have a missing tooth or teeth. Missing teeth may be caused by old age, improper dental care, and may even be naturally caused — some people are born without certain adult teeth! Anyone with missing teeth can get an implant or customized partial denture to replace the missing teeth. These teeth are designed to blend perfectly with your natural teeth.
- Crowns – Dental crowns, also known as “caps” are caps shaped like teeth which are put over existing teeth to prevent decay, strengthen, and/or reshape the tooth to prevent damage. Your dentist may suggest a crown for your tooth if your tooth suffers from decay, may need a cosmetic modification, or to cover a large filling. Caps may be made from several different types of substances, and serve cosmetic purposes as well as dental health purposes.
The ultimate objective of cosmetic dental procedures is to enhance the appearance and functionality of the teeth.
For more details about Invisalign™ or porcelain veneers, visit Optimal Dental Center today.